Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I am a Genius

Most people, after rupturing their Achilles tendon halfway through their second game of (over 30) indoor soccer, would get the memo. Most people, after surgery and 4 months of rehab, would probably retire to more tendon-friendly pastimes - like golf, reading, wii or video-editing. But no - I am not most people. And, in my defense, I did play for nearly two years after my comeback from the first surgery - probably more than 50 or 60 games (and I even scored once or twice in there). But then, in the last game of the season - my last game in Charlotte... I heard and felt that all too familiar "pop," and collapsed to the turf. In the nanoseconds of my descent to the scratchy green surface a million images raced through my mind: Kristin's face when she got the call, my ortho doc's face when I hobbled into his office again, surgery, recovery, rehab - all THE VERY WEEK we are preparing to move across country, start a new job, and my wife is 5 months pregnant. Indeed, I am a genius.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Darin! I look forward to following along. We're all thinking about you guys and praying for the transition!

    ReplyDelete